Tuesday 7 July 2009

Despite heavy rain, thunder and lightning...

I cruised for 6 hours today. Going through 13 locks and covering 8 miles. I'm not far from Hemel Hempstead so covering reasonable ground. Met some nice people today who I shared locks with. While moored for lunch a narrowboat drifted past me going backwards quite fast. There was no-one on board and it had pulled its pins (or someone had pulled the pins). I tried to rescue it but it was too heavy for me so I just watched her drift out of sight. That will be a surprise for someone when they come home from work tonight! I tried to moor near my friends from the locks but it was a bit shallow for me - Olivia has what is known as a deep draft. However, I was pleased as they moored next to a boat with a very noisy generator. I moved a bit further on, near a railway line but at least the noise isn't constant. Got soaked twice today so am contemplating lighting a fire to dry out a few items. Think it might be a nice thing to do tonight. hoping for better weather tomorrow :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment