Wednesday 8 July 2009

My lucky black cat?

Last night, after I'd moored up, I felt a "presence" on the boat. I had a look round and got the fright of my life when a little black cat stuck it's head out of my "cubby hole". It was from the neighbouring boat and found it's way onto mine three or four times. He was a little, lucky black cat. Today I didn't get soaked. That's not to say that it didn't rain but I just seemed better prepared! I did 9 locks, 1 swing bridge of the type where you get to stop the traffic and covered the grand distance of about 3 and a half miles. As I was going through one lock, a rather nice looking guy says "It's Sheila, isn't it?"to which my response was "Charlie?!". I met him three years ago (he has a mooring here) and he actually remembered my name (It's not so amazing that I rememberedhis ;~) ). Amazing. This evening I walked up to Berko and had a drink in one of the several canalside pubs. It took me just over half an hour to walk but tomorrow it will take close to 3 hours to cruise. Isn't it mad?

No comments:

Post a Comment