Friday 19 June 2009

South of Watford

I have reached Uxbridge. I know that I am back in the metropolis because we are now having hourly police/ambulance sirens. I got back to Olivia via public transport - bus, train, tube, walk. The weakest link was my home town of Thrapston with its two-hourly bus which meant I had to hang around Kettering for almost 2 hours! Couldn't even shop as I had 2 big bags with me.Have done 10 locks and 9 miles today BUT only one more lock all the way into town. The promised breeze was not too bad at all, although I had a short walk and when I got back, Olivia was broadside across the cut, as her pin had pulled out and the wind had caught her bow. Better the bow than the stern as it meant I could hop on, get the centre rope and pull her back. While I was so doing, a gallant gentleman stopped to help me. Thank you.
If any of my "followers" - that's all 3 of you - can be at Greenford tomorrow (Saturday) about 3pm, we can have a nice little cruise into London. It's a brilliant way to arrive - through the back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment