Saturday 6 June 2009

Well it had to rain sometime

Here I am sitting in the rain (not literally - I am in the boat) close to Berkhamsted, awaiting a break in the weather. I have made good progress since Friday and, as promised, things have got more interesting. My gas bottle ran out and I couldn't work out why the next bottle wouldn't work. No gas was coming through so I couldn't light the gas. Anyway after a bit of head scratching, a very "dry" day and a text request to Rick for help, I was able to suss that there is a valve which needs turning to the left for one gas bottle and right for the other two, so all that I needed to do was switch the valve. Dur. While waiting for a lock to fill for me, I decided to have a long awaited cup of tea, so switched off Olivia's engine. Then she wouldn't start again!! I called out RCR (the AA of the canals) who couldn't come until this morning and we discovered that a cable had not gone "home" properly so a little fiddling got it where it should be and she started perfectly. At least I now know what I need to do should it happen again. One good side effect of he rain is that I am getting on quite well with my marking!

No comments:

Post a Comment